Tried out wake-back-to-sleep this morning, but I think I woke up too late to manage to get back to sleep to dream again, though I did have some hynagogic experiences. Maybe I should work on writing those down as well. It was quite like I was on the verge of falling into a dream, but never quite fell asleep.
I remember one dream from last night. I properly wrote it down in present tense this time.
At compound. My dad needs to take my brother and his family somewhere, but first he needs to mail some stuff from my place for me. (Apparently, I'm living in Tucson in this dream. Possibly dream signal?)
My dad is trying to talk to me about something but I know he needs to hurry up so I rush him. My mom is waiting in the car so they can run the errand.
My dad really wants to finish the conversation we're having. I offer to drive with him. He doesn't like the idea. He eventually leaves, and I realize I need to pack and do some laundry.
I look at the mess of my stuff, and that's the last thing I remember.
Intentions for the day:
- Label the distractions, do it over and over so that it becomes automatic
- Anything I have control over, try to do anticipate it mindfully
- E.g. swallowing, introspective check-ins, even
- Learn the various different ways I have to guide myself back to the breath
- E.g. away from tempting distractions, away from posture distractions, away from pain
- Trace distractions to source, see how much wandering happened
- Try to note where the breath was when you label a distraction (attention, awareness, or forgotten)
- Only adjust posture mindfully, microadjustments due to relaxation too (though just "relax" as a mindful cue is good)
Today was just super solid. Maybe the best day yet. Forgot the breath 2 times, but I have the resources to really know now, whereas on days that I "didn't", maybe I did?
Unfortunately, I didn't have a reminder to write it down shortly after the session, so I'm lacking on the specifics I had right after.
Oh, well, maybe I'll be reminded tomorrow.
Main goal is to develop programming question habit today. May do some writing. Been working on my Japanese studying habits recently, as well. Installed a new extension, Yomichan, for gathering Japanese in the wild. Have set it up so that I can create Anki cards with a click. The plan is, for now, to try learning some Japanese songs that I like.