End of day review only today.
- Sleep questions DONE
- Weight DONE
- Tickler SKIPPED
- Physical Inbox SKIPPED
- Email Inbox SKIPPED
- Calendar SKIPPED
- Trello SKIPPED
- JIRA SKIPPED
- Calorie Plan SKIPPED
- Fill timeblock DONE
- Slack SKIPPED
- Digitize hand-written notes SKIPPED
- Update the diary post as necessary SKIPPED
- Rotate password SKIPPED
- Review last year N/A
- Review last month
- Review last week
- Review yesterday
- Review the Day
- What have you been doing at work?
- How's climbing going?
- How're personal projects going?
- Are there any insights you had today that are worth writing down?
- What have you been reading?
- What have you been watching?
Morning sleep questions:
- What time did you get into bed last night?
- What time did you turn everything off and try to fall asleep?
- How long did it take you to fall asleep?
- 5 minutes
- Did you wake up during the night? How often? How long were you awake total?
- 0300: 5 minutes
- 0330: 5 minutes
- 0400: 5 minutes
- 0430: 5 minutes
- What time was your final awakening this morning?
- What time did you get out of bed?
- Did anything unusual happen yesterday that might have affected your sleep?
(illness, disturbances, emotional stress, etc.)
- Plane ride in the morning the next day
- What is the total amount of time you slept last night in hours and minutes?
- 7 hours 20 minutes
- Did you take any medication that might have affected your sleep? What? When?
Evening sleep questions:
- Did you nap today? How many times? When? How long?
- 1440: 30 minutes
- Did you consume any medicine that you do not take on a daily basis? What? How
- Did you have any caffeinated or alcoholic beverages today? What? How much?
- @0900 15 mg caffeine (decaf coffee black on plane)
- Please rate your average sleepiness today on a scale of 1 - 10. (1 = wide
awake, 10 = very sleepy)
- What time did you start blocking blue light?
- @0600: 213.6 lbs
|Time (PDT)||Intention||Revision 1||Revision 2|
|0700||Public transit to airport|
|0800||Waiting to board|
|1030||Waiting for bus|
|1100||Waiting for bus|
|1300||Walk to cabin|
|1330||Walk to cabin|
|1400||Browsing Internet against better judgement|
|1600||Hang with new person|
|1630||Hang with new person|
|2200||No, way too loud and too many people|
|2230||Browsing Internet against better judgement|
|2300||Pomodoro: End of day review|
Last month, I spent the morning with extended family, then drove to Chicago with my cousin. He has a VR setup, so I played some Super Hot and a VR rhythm game where you sliced to the beat. Both were super cool. We also saw Solo near his place (decent movie).
Last week, I don't have much to say. Timer progress started again, but a bunch of stuff has made it so I'm not working on it everyday. Like, skipped one day, and then I have this Tahoe trip where I won't do any such work until I get back home on Saturday.
It's interesting to note how much my daily checklist has updated in just a week. Lots of little iterations.
Yesterday, I reacted badly to political news. And today I'm better, but I think I need to work on ending my contact with twitter like I ended it with reddit.
It's bad for me. Full stop.
But, because this is a little work vacation, let's do a play-by-play of the day instead of any thinking. Think can come, mind you, as I did a lot of things worth ruminating on today.
So, I woke up, and made myself some waffles. I started off counting calories in my diary, but as the day went on I decided that it was not tenable. I was going to estimate so many numbers, and I wasn't going to use that data in any way, it was not valuable.
Anyways, I made waffles, and I packed, and I walked to the light rail to take it to the airport. I meet up with people, we fly, we land, we get on a bus to Tahoe. I have a drink. I have another.
We arrive at Tahoe, I go to orientation, I walk to my cabin. I browse Twitter.
There is no reason to browse Twitter. It is not keeping me informed. It is not motivating me. It is not updating or iterating my philosophy. Twitter is garbage time better spent being inside my own head.
I finally tear myself away and nap. The nap clears me of my negative emotions and I go wandering. A couple people comment on me looking really happy. "All I've done so far is take a nap."
I hang out with a person from the London office. He's cool. Name is Lanrun or something like that.
We go to the place where there'll be food. There's a fireside Q&A with the CEO. I end up asking a question. We take a group photo, we eat. I go back and hang out with the same people.
I have a long discussion about politics. And at some point I'll reiterate my thinking here. But not now. It was a fun talk. I drink some whiskey.
We walk to karaoke. The place is packed and loud. I stay for all of 30 seconds and nope my way out. I walk back to my cabin.
I brush my teeth. I floss. The plan is to do my end of day review. I browse twitter (bad). Then youtube (better). Then start my pomodoro and do this end of day review.
And now I'm going to wind down with some youtube and then sleep.
Expect just a review tomorrow, as well. With another play-by-play.