Actively deciding against a proper intent. Though I may still do that reciting of intent thing, because it may be good at having me fall asleep. It's hot and it's smokey, and I'm just not really going to force dream practice in this environment. I might also take it easy tomorrow (main thing would be meditation and stretching, I think).
Power of 10 day!
Intentions for the day:
- Stage 4 intention (vigilance on keeping introspective awareness continuous)
- Fall back to stage 3 if necessary
- Label the distractions, do it over and over so that it becomes automatic
- Before adjusting posture, count 8 breaths
- Learn the various different ways I guide myself back to the breath
- E.g. away from tempting distractions, away from posture distractions, away from pain
- Note where the breath was when you label a distraction (attention, awareness, or forgotten)
- Body-scan in the beginning and latter half of meditation
- Mirror-check in the beginning and latter half of meditation
- During planned attention away from breath, keep breath in awareness
Ended up playing video games right after meditation. Didn't fill anything in. Nothing huge to mention today. Didn't take ADHD medication today, but meditation still felt really powerful.
Not really enough data to suggest what might be different today due to a lack of medication, either, as the smoke is getting to me a bit.
Though, it's cool that meditation both 1) happened and 2) was still good without medication.
Going to re-add a "thinking" area to my daily posts. I'll do what I do with my meditation thinking and take the various thoughts and put them in appropriate blog draft areas in my Notion.
I was thinking of taking it easy today, but I just have the habits of doing stuff. And I have a pretty big list of stuff to process. At the very least I'll move them all to the future.