Thinking about falling asleep earlier today. So, not going to use this early intent for a long bit of writing again.
Let's just do my intent reciting from nap as I fall asleep.
House on a cliff. Dolls and ice cream. Wife there. Cousin there. Nieces there. Something about avoiding the smoky weather. Shower makes too much noise.
Fragments of a dream.
Did wake up for WBTS but never got out of bed. Tried a WILD, but seems right now I'm taking posture play more seriously than dreaming.
So, some maths suggests that today is actually day 99, meaning some day I counted twice.
Found it! On August 24th I said Day 80 again. It was day 81.
Also, some of my posts aren't publishing.... It's because I have this blog software setup wrong. I should fix that this weekend. That way I can also fix the RSS feed, and probably I'll publish the day's post at the end of the day when I've finished writing all the things.
Anyways, I'm going to keep the mistake.
Intentions for the day:
- Stage 4 intention (vigilance on keeping introspective awareness continuous)
- Fall back to stage 3 if necessary
- Label the distractions, do it over and over so that it becomes automatic
- Before adjusting posture, count 8 breaths
- Learn the various different ways I guide myself back to the breath
- E.g. away from tempting distractions, away from posture distractions, away from pain
- Note where the breath was when you label a distraction (attention, awareness, or forgotten)
- Body-scan in the beginning and latter half of meditation
- Mirror-check in the beginning and latter half of meditation
- During planned attention away from breath, keep breath in awareness
Lots of gross distractions today, both external and internal. Still doing a good job of keeping breath in awareness. Things that I chose to pay attention to to address today I still managed to keep breath in awareness. This will be a useful skill to learn to apply elsewhere (perhaps I can stop forgetting what I was doing because of a distraction whilst I was going to do what I was doing).
Only 35 minutes of meditation today, because there was a meeting after the work session and I probably should've started 20 minutes before the work session, but started 10 (though I was aiming for 15). This is fine. Still a solid session.
The irony of today is my mind was already in a good place, but I had a hard meditation. The opposite of one of my recent "best days". Funny how that works.
SkillShare today (before or after recording session with wife).
Other stuff I'm doing is various posture tips and exercises I read in the ChiRunning book. I think the pelvic stuff will address the lower back issues that keep popping up. Maybe I'll write more on that later.