I like how yesterday went. Let's do same thing.
Motivation/compromise: 1 sentence!
Not sure if fell asleep. Legs hurt. No dreams.
There's a vague sitting at a table memory, but that's it. No dreams remembered. I did write a sentence on each wake up. I think tonight I'll also store an intent to really try to reflect and find dream before stirring to grab journal and write.
Intentions for the day:
- Stage 4 intention (vigilance on keeping introspective awareness continuous)
- Fall back to stage 3 if necessary
- Label the distractions, do it over and over so that it becomes automatic
- Before adjusting posture, count 8 breaths
- Learn the various different ways I guide myself back to the breath
- E.g. away from tempting distractions, away from posture distractions, away from pain
- Note where the breath was when you label a distraction (attention, awareness, or forgotten)
- Body-scan in the beginning and latter half of meditation
- Mirror-check in the beginning and latter half of meditation
- During planned attention away from breath, keep breath in awareness
I believe the time has come to stop doing body-scans for a bit whilst I recement stage 4 habits. I believe this is necessary due to stronger attention and awareness, and not a regression in any way.
Meditation still feels great, as well. Shoulder has been addressed, but back complaining again, Though back feels great when I get up, so I'm not too concerned. Will treat it like I treat an itch.
Cousin calls going well.
Looking at my metrics, coding work increased. I believe this is thanks to time-block aherence. Neat.
Welp. RBG died and I went straight to Twitter. That's a long streak ended, though I'm already done. I don't want to stay on here. Nothing of value was gained going.
(To further escape the reignition of the Twitter habit, I played SSBM for 1.5 hours. This worked very well.)