Morning sleep questions:
- What time did you get into bed last night?
- What time did you turn everything off and try to fall asleep?
- How long did it take you to fall asleep?
- 10 minutes
- Did you wake up during the night? How often? How long were you awake total?
- Yes. A couple time. 20 minutes.
- What time was your final awakening this morning?
- What time did you get out of bed?
- Did anything unusual happen yesterday that might have affected your sleep?
(illness, disturbances, emotional stress, etc.)
- Back home after 17 days away. Have developed a cough
- What is the total amount of time you slept last night in hours and minutes?
- 7 hours
- Did you take any medication that might have affected your sleep? What? When?
|Time (PDT)||Intention||Revision 1||Revision 2|
|0800||Laying in bed|
|0900||Walk to work|
|1100||Walk to lunch|
|1130||Walk to lunch|
|1300||Walk to work|
|1330||Walk to work|
|1400||Seattle Prodeng Standup|
|1500||1:1 with Alex|
|1530||NAP buffer||Reviewing Wavefront|
|1700||Walk home||Ping pong|
|1800||Grocery planning||Walk home|
|1930||Cooking: Something Easy|
|2130||End of day routine|
New tag in today's post: "thinking". I'm trying to have something to say in every daily entry now. Add a proper human touch. Get a dialog going with my past/future selves, Stephan.
Though doing so just reminds me of someone who told me all these daily questions and timeblocks create a lot of visual noise for anyone who just reads these parts. I'll probably reinstate goals and goal-tracking in the day-to-day (because I really like doing that). Splitting this diary into a log with all the templated stuff and, well, an actual diary may be one of those goals.
One of the first goals, however, will be the recreation of checklists for morning and evening routines and attempts at making those checklists a proper habit.
Did my end of day routine ad-hoc today. Lots of stuff to organize before I can make a concrete checklist that is containable within a half-hour. I "caught up" on my tickler today. Which is to say I took the last month and a half of ignored tickler and put it in my inbox, and then I divided up the items by priority over the next few days (or threw items I can ignore into next month). I know that if I'm regular about tickler, I can maintain a healthy inbox of things to do. So I'm hoping to catch up slowly, but also tackle priority things first.
And by priority, I mean taxes. This is the longest I've waited to do taxes since I've done them. (ETA: Meaning this is the longest I've waited to do taxes in my history of doing taxes.)
Evening sleep questions:
- Did you nap today? How many times? When? How long?
- Yes. Nap from 1600 to 1630
- Did you consume any medicine that you do not take on a daily basis? What? How
- Did you have any caffeinated or alcoholic beverages today? What? How much?
- 100 mg caffeine at 1000 (Teas' peach ginger black tea, 500 mL).
- Please rate your average sleepiness today on a scale of 1 - 10. (1 = wide
awake, 10 = very sleepy)