I'm going to practice incubating dreams again.
Make it part of my intent recital. Pets/food seem to be pretty doable based on them often appearing in dreams. Might be a good place to start.
Daysha (old dog) would be nice to visit with again.
Also, will try WBTS and general journaling habits again tomorrow morning.
Did wake up at 0200, and again at 0430. Considered WBTS, but was not feeling great. Had a dream I remembered at time, but it's gone. No dreams remembered today.
I did remember that it's a place, only in dreams, that I visited recently. That's it, though.
Not much time. No nap prep today like I mentioned yesterday. Should make nap prep a Notion task to better create habit. Not sure if have enough work things to think about. Anything else? Nah, workdays are work-naps.
Short nap. Thought about Anki and work and Anki plugins to have shared living decks that are private but updatable across company.
Thought a bit about work task at hand.
Intention recital went well. Visualized a bit before thinking about work.
Intentions for the day:
- Stage 4 intention (vigilance on keeping introspective awareness continuous)
- Fall back to stage 3 if necessary
- Label the distractions, do it over and over so that it becomes automatic
- Before adjusting posture, count 8 breaths
- Learn the various different ways I guide myself back to the breath
- E.g. away from tempting distractions, away from posture distractions, away from pain
- Note where the breath was when you label a distraction (attention, awareness, or forgotten)
- Body-scan in the beginning and latter half of meditation
- Mirror-check in the beginning and latter half of meditation
- During planned attention away from breath, keep breath in awareness
So, during prep an interesting thing happened. Going through distractions used to have a tendency to, well, get lost in a distraction that I was listing out. Today, I noticed the automatic introspective awareness redirect me back to finishing prep. Which is really neat! I think it was in play for a long while, but because I almost got lost down a distraction, I was better able to notice the corrective nature.
Stage 4 is pretty neat.
Still doing programming stuff with cousin.
Messing around with the general structure of my timeblock, as well. Trying to get more work done in morning and spread maintenance throughout the day.
Dreams and stuff will be updated later today. Though all I have are intent notes. Didn't end up remembering my dreams today.